Wednesday, July 13, 2011

[Sponsored] Healthier Corner at Kuishin-Bo (Great World City)

Trust me, if you want to have a sumptuous, premium, eat-all-you-can Japanese Buffet, go for Kuishin-bo @GREAT WORLD CITY!

Lunch: 11.30am-3.00pm, (Last round at 2.30pm)
Dinner: 5.30pm - 10.00pm (Last round at 9.30pm)

IMG_2540

Kuishin-bo is certainly a food *sing: para-paradise ah ah ah* for me! The squealing & repeatedly 'omg-ing' me was walking around the restaurant premise, wondering where to start eating from. Their food selections are simply out of this world!

I've always wanted to go for Kuishin-bo when my poly friends, Ivv & Yuan Feng, were telling me how much they had enjoyed themselves at the Jurong Point branch. But the queue was always long with the restaurant packed with diners, especially during the weekends.

This time round, all thanks to RE&S Enterprises Pte Ltd, I finally got my chance to eat to my hearts' content with Brother Leong!


IMG_2594

Greeting me at the doorstep was this cocoa-rich chocolate fondue! The smell of my favourite cocoa seductively lured me closer & closer. Yes, I was drooling with hunger. But that was only the beginning.

page1

My vision soon focus on the entire dessert section... I stood there, speechless. 2 tiers full of pastries & chocolates welcoming me, was I dreaming or what?

IMG_2592

IMG_2589

IMG_2593

Kuishin-bo has made awesome effort with the food displays. Every dish looks extremely appetizing, be it their salads, choice of seafood, teppanyaki dishes, fried food, sushi & california rolls, even their soups!

IMG_2582

IMG_2577

Will you look at this!
Heard that these prawns were still swimming in the tank just awhile ago!

IMG_2553

IMG_2558
The colour of the salmon sashimi is red, and I mean FRESH red. Newly imported from Tasmania, I couldn't help but took many more servings.


IMG_2555

IMG_2556


IMG_2557

IMG_2580




IMG_2579

IMG_2578

Even the pots & pans are aesthetically chosen. Here's my favourite: A ceramic pot which Kuishin-bo uses to keep Japanese curry warm.

IMG_2597

IMG_2596

IMG_2585

I've come to realize that I fell in love with Japanese Oden, out of which the mochi wrapped in beancurd skin(first space on the left) is something I'll come back for a 2nd, wait, or was it a 3rd serving?

IMG_2584

IMG_2588

IMG_2587

IMG_2586

Teppanyaki series:

Of course, these fresh ingredients are only for displays, they'll serve ingredients stored hygienically in the fridge which they had prepared earlier to you.

IMG_2559


IMG_2560


IMG_2561
Porridge & soup.

IMG_2562
Chawanmushi

IMG_2563
Teapot soup.

Whether it's colleagues, a gathering of friends, family or even out on a date, Kuishin-bo at Great World City is an ideal place to relax and enjoy good food at leisure. Check out their different seat designs: table for 2, round, squarish, long, extremely long etc.

IMG_2603

IMG_2609

IMG_2604



IMG_2606

IMG_2607

IMG_2608

Not only that, this outlet even has an outdoor open concept. An exciting feature out here is the Charcoal Grill. The open air barbeque pit will grilled skewers of meat like beef, chicken, pork, prawn, a variety of fish like ayu, sanma, saba and shishamo, as well as vegetables such as sweet corn, okra and mushroom, in the old-fashioned way. Served piping hot to diners however, the pit is only available during dinner.

I plan to come here again for dinner in a few weeks' time, sponsored or not!
Brother Leong, what do you think?

page6

Here comes the highlight of this post:
Kushin-Bo at Great world city introduces Healthier Corner!

Newly launched on 1st July 2011, the Healthier corner is available during lunch between 11.30am - 3.00pm daily. Diners can expect over 20 varieties of low-calories Japanese delights ranging from salad to light bites. There's even going to be multi-grain rice!

IMG_2564

Get benefits from healthier items like Nagaimo(Japanese Yam), Tomato Salad, Celery & Turkey Bacon, sweet potato etc. You won't feel the sin even after emptying the plates!

IMG_2574

Not only that, look at this specially designed plate: The 9 segmented portions make sure that the gravies of the dishes do not get mixed up. Get the real taste of EACH dish. You can come back for more later.

IMG_2567

I'd like to particularly mention this dish: Renkon Wine Jelly.

IMG_2573

IMG_2572

It's lotus cooked with wine jelly, utterly refreshing! Tastes sweet & citrus, it feels more like a dessert to me. Also, it acts as a superb appetizer!

IMG_2570

Lotus & beans:
IMG_2568

And I couldn't stop eating this( I think I finished at least half of this plate):
This jelly comes in two flavours, blackcurrent & citrus. The chefs made it themselves!

IMG_2565

IMG_2566

Look ladies, healthier corner serves grapefruits! I used to read about how grapefruits aids in slimming down. :)

IMG_2576

If grapefruit isn't really your cup of tea, there is a whole table of fruits, waiting for you to feast on!

IMG_2583

IMG_2569
This is a random photo. I thought that this decoration is really cute. *bleah*

Now it's my turn to feast!

The table which i was given allows me to put plates & bowls of yummy food. Brother Leong and I didn't stop until the table was totally filled.

IMG_2605


IMG_2611

See, I told you I had ALOT of jelly! I took more than 3 plates!

IMG_2634

Nagaimo(Japanese yam) is simply yummy. Its inside tastes something like stewed potato but with a crispy texture like radish.

IMG_2625

With healthier choice, I chose to eat my veges with multi-grain rice.

IMG_2637


IMG_2616
The scallop ginseng porridge is a MUST-TRY!

IMG_2614
Fish Maw Soup


IMG_2617
Miso Soup

IMG_2622
Teapot soup

IMG_2620
The fillings of the teapot soup.

Other than soup, they have a series of drinks, including different types of tea & coffee for you to choose from!
IMG_2618

IMG_2575

IMG_2612
Rows and rows of smooth Chawanmushi.

IMG_2613



IMG_2636


The mochi wrapped in beancurd I was talking about earlier:
IMG_2624

IMG_2638

Helped myself with Cha Soba as well.
IMG_2626

The seafood was so F.R.E.S.H! Any fresher, you'll have to catch it yourself in the sea!

IMG_2629

2nd- or 3rd or 4th- serving of Salmon Sashimi.

IMG_2627

IMG_2633

Desserts!!!

IMG_2630

IMG_2581



IMG_2652



IMG_2648

Go for the tiramisu. I liked that much better than the Green tea cake with red bean paste.

IMG_2641

IMG_2650

Thank you, Asai-san(next to me) for meticulously overlooking & preparing the entire buffet, day by day. Not only that, you have a great sense of humour! I hope to see your beagle some day!
IMG_2654

I hope you didn't notice how tight my t-shirt was in the photo. LOL

IMG_2547

Kuishin-Bo Healthier Corner is only available at Great World City for now.
Diners can enjoy this corner at NO extra charges should you opt for the regular buffet.

$18.90++ to opt for healthier corner SOLELY.
Promotion ends 31st August 2011.


THE PRICING IS HERE.

LUNCH
======

Mon- Fri: $35.90++(Adult)
Sat, Sun & PH: $40.90++(Adult)

DINNER
======

Mon- Thurs: $45.90++(Adult)
Fri, Sat, Sun & PH: $49.90++(Adult)

For ALL above: Less 10%(Senior Citizen), $18.90++(child)

PROMOTIONS
===========

Daily dinner promotions:
Mon: Senior Citizens' Night
Tue: Free Flow Beer
Wed: Ladies Night
(change every 3 months)


IMG_2541
Every Mon to Fri: $22.90++
If you can check in and out within one hour.
Not valid on public holidays.

Family Affair
$76++ only(UP $88.70)- Weekend lunch 11.30pm-2.30pm for 2 adults + 1 child
Subsequent child at $12.00++
Not Valid on Public Holidays

Child rates are only for children height between 0.9m & 1.4m. Adult rates applies to child over 1.4m tall.

OUTLET CONTACT

1 Kim Seng ROad Promenade
Great world City
#02-41A/42
Singapore 237994
Tel: 6836 5877
Fax: 6836 5878
Email: kuishinbo_gw@kuishinbo.com.sg

=========================================

Next Stop: Kuishin-bo DINNER! Charcoal grill & Zuiwaikani snow crabs here I come!
Woot~

No comments:

Post a Comment