Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a leap year; February

February is the shortest month of the year.
However, there's a day more this year due to the leap year.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with the leap year except some random stuff I did in the month of February.

Blog reviews are stacking up in my draft folder,overdue. It dreads to see them in dormant positions when the content is still so fresh.

There's still about 6 + 3 travelogue posts to go.

I didn't have a PC for over 2 weeks to blog and update photographs Which also explains why I've stopped going for events temporary, knowing I won't be in time to blog them all out anytime soon.

Yes, Social Media has officially become a part of my life, undeniably. I admit, it's somehow EATING into my life too, based on the time I spend drafting blog posts. Imagine, it took me 3 months to sort out the photographs and videos for my Jakarta trip, gather information and another 4 days just to blog my day 1 about it.

Don't ask me why I take so long; simply because I like to search and digest information completely before I have the confidence to blog about it.

School outreach programmes with Silver zir  and the FDP Coaching Team has commenced. Within this short period of time, I've learnt so much: to handle huge crowds, brushing up my public-speaking techniques, crowd control, present the best of myself... ...I will keep improving!

The first school we went to this year, where we held our FDP's Coaching school outreach programme, was Pasir Ris Crest Secondary School. Read Silver's post here.

Next, we've just been to Ping Yi Secondary School and it was a blast!
Ping Yi Secondary School have many good-looking students.

Other than that, I'm trying to spend more time with friends and family. One day, Mum popped up the idea of having a BBQ with our family and friends. So we had one and I am really so thankful everyone was totally spontaneous!

IMG_1498


I'd call them my housemates from now on, so close and dear to me. Always lending a helping hand when I'm in need:
IMG_1461
left to right: Cho's friend, Cho, Sienn.

Where did all this mobs come from?
IMG_1488
My cousins, younger brother(specs), his friend Kelcin and Yongwei(black) BBQ-ing for the crowd.

I was doing my usual Monday singing performance at All About Eve Bar, when someone whom I've been looking for over a decade came popping up to watch my performance!

IMG_1612

Meet Edgar, my 'Dad'(爹爹) since Secondary School.

He dotes on me the most, ever! Always patting my head in school, speaking up for me, get caught by teachers passing letters and notes, chat with me on the phone, help my with my school work... After secondary school, I lost his contact number and couldn't find him anymore. Even though I've been looking up on Friendster and facebook, he's couldn't be found because of the username he's using.

Thank you so much, Jennifer Jie, for bringing 爹爹 and reunite us again!
Muacks x264890054598439856498.

Here's something special I wish I'd done long long time ago: To buy a ticket and support a friend's recital/concert/performance!

Yiyang, my keyboardist at All About Eve Bar, is the Vice-president of the NUS Jazz Band. The concert was so entertaining! Presenting to the audience the essence of jazzy songs of  different genres, including Bossa Nova, swing, blues, salsa and samba.

IMG_1722

I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

I fell in love with Funk Jazz after listening to one of their bands remixed and played this song: RIO FUNK.




IMG_1718
Hey everyone, this is my most talented keyboardist, Chan Yiyang.
Remember his name friends,

CHAN. YI. YANG.

Last but not least, I attended Low Kay Hwa's first book launch. The man carries the deepest passion you can ever imagine. The heartfelt words his friend and him shared at the launch brought tears to my eyes.


IMG_1329

He recapped about how he started Goody Books, the difficulties he face, being outcast as a child, to finally being accepted by someone who understands him, being accepted by the society, being accepted of his works, the difficulties they face and brave together as a team etc.

Through their speeches, you can sincerely feel the friendship that was bonded, the trust that was built, the simplicity of passion, love and everything that was so inspiringly cosy.

Someone asked if he'll ever stop writing, he turned so solemn and when he said he will never, even if it is with no one's support and he's not earning anything, as long he knows that there's someone out there, waiting for his story to be published, he'll never give up writing.

How many of you out there, have lost this feeling so long ago, after being faced with the practicality of the society, the harsh reality of financial status and fame? Have you become a slave for money, or are you stil in control of your passion? What makes you really contented and happy? Have you spent most of your moments to the fullest? Are there colours?

Find your soul again.

Kay Hwa, thank you reinforcing the passion I carry, with its fire dimming as days goes by. Thank you for re-lighting this passion of mine.

Life, the simplicity of it.

Here's to the two winners who won A Singapore Love Story novel, autographed by Low Kay Hwa:

winner2 of Mintbloggiveaway
Meet Bryan. Congratulations!

IMG_1331
And April (1st from the right), sweet girl.


IMG_1333

IMG_1343

IMG_1365

IMG_1379
I must get his autographed too!

IMG_1385
Here are the bloggers who took the extra mile to come down and support Low Kay Hwa.You all are the best!

There are some bloggers out there who really blog for the sake of fees and freebies. It's sad to know that there are such people out there. Your capacity of love is so little, blogging for the wrong purposes. There are times where you can always choose to blog out of love instead, you know. My 2 cents worth.

Clockwise from the left:
Silver: http://thatsilvergirl.blogspot.com
Me
Terence Yeo: http://www.yeoterence.com/
Low Kay Hwa: www.facebook.com/lowkayhwa
Jessie Quek: www.babylingrkm.blogspot.com
Yeo Hong Peng: http://hpility.blogspot.com
William: http://onlywilliam.blogspot.com

Two very shy lovelies who were left out of the photo unintentionally, were there to show their support:

Hayley Woo: www.hayleywoojiayi.com
Jayley Woo: www.jayleywoojiaqi.com

I support them all! 


IMG_1380


I'm very blessed to befriend many inspiring and passionate people. Even more blessed to have the chance to walk into their lives. Their live testimonials keep me going.

Here's a toast to our passion!

YUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*cheat breaths* mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*choke*ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......SENG!

No comments:

Post a Comment