Thursday, September 1, 2011

[Review] iFLY is here with its Ultimate Special Blog Promotion!

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Silver zir for inviting me as her guest to iFLY Singapore for this awesome skydiving experience!

IMG_6122
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

Once again, the fear-of-heights Mint Leong managed to conquer a 5-storey high free falling action(with the loudest scream that almost flanked off the entire roof and everyone was laughing at me like mad but I don't care).

This experience is utterly priceless.
*In tears*

IMG_6172
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

Right.
Enough of that drama-mama thing.

I'm actually blogging from Bf's place and had left my photos transferred into the hard disk back at home, so I'll update them, together with my iflying video, the moment I get back.

There's so many more photos I'd like to share with you: what I've been through, how the place is like, what's there to do etc.

IMG_6163
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

Nothing beats spending time with loved ones. :)

IMG_6143
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

I feel so tall!

Don't you think we look super suave in our flight suits? Rate 'so loved' at the end of this post if you think we do 'k?

You know, it's really encouraging to us, bloggers, when someone who reads our posts takes the time to rate our blog entries or leaves a comment so that we can get back to you. It strongly encourages us to write on when we know that you're interested: entertainment, educational, or just a casual hi.

Anyway, to fly:
  • You must weigh less than 120kg if you're shorter than 1.8m tall & less tan 140kg if you exceed 1.8m tall.
  • You must be at least 7 years old.
  • You are not pregnant
  • You have not previously dislocated your shoulder/back injuries nor sustain any of these injuries.

IMG_6151
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

From ear plugs to helmets, covered shoes(for rent) & flight suits, iFLY will get us all geared up & ready to fly! By the way, the goggles don't allow that really big hoo-hoo wind to blow into your eyes so if you're wearing contact lenses, you're well covered.

It's cold inside the wind tunnel. So chilling that it numbs your cheeks; the pleasant kind of numb though.

I got to fly at 45seconds, TWICE in the tunnel, where a flying instructor will be in there together with me & guide me through the basics as well as to make sure I don't freak out of my life.

Believe me, you'll want to do it over and over again after that!

I'll show you my skydiving photograph when I get back, promise!




===== Photos updated, as promised =====

IMG_3540


IMG_3541

IMG_3542

Top: The registration counter to book your flights.
Below: The waiting and viewing corner. Play some games, listen to music and order some food from the cafe while waiting for your turn.

IMG_3554

below: Dress up counter + area. You wear your flight suits here.

IMG_3553

Below: The waiting point just before you enter the wind tunnel. I get butterflies in there. I know it'll be my turn real soon.

IMG_3551

Below: Caught Silver on one of their TVs! :) By the way, she's the only flyer who could balance all by herself in the tunnel on her first try. She even manage to flew up!

I think skydiving is somewhat like ice-skating/roller blading.

You learn how balance yourself such that you stay afloat like how you'll balance yourself not to fall while skating. Then, you try to go higher (faster in skating). finally, you try to master some stunts after you've mastered your basics.

IMG_3550

Below: This is the almost 5-storey high WIND tunnel everyone is waiting to enter!

IMG_3552

look, I got my flying cert! I passed my basic flying! *Cheers*

IMG_3546

Are you ready to see my skydiving photo???

























IMG_3559
Not this of course. This was taken on my way back to Vivocity.































It's this one! Heh Heh.

IMG_3739


========Awesome Deal Alert==========

There is going to be a special iFLY Blog Promotion for all you readers:

IMG_6176
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

Check out http://thatsilvergirl.blogspot.com for more details soon where Silver tells your all about her iFlying experience. From there, you will get to enjoy a special rate of $59. She'll tell you HOW to fly at that super-slash rate.

This is the CHEAPEST rate iFLY has given so far.

Stay tuned & follow her blog closely for more details Everyone!

IMG_6174
photo courtesy of Silver Ang

===========================
43 Siloso Beach Walk #01-01
Singapore 099010
Contact: +65 6571 0000

Opening hours:
Mon: 10.30am - 10.00pm
Tue - Sun: 9.00am -10.00pm

Nearest Station: Beach Station, Sentosa

No comments:

Post a Comment