Wednesday, November 6, 2013

[Mint.Music.Lifestyle] 4 Lifestyle Tips If You Have Funky-Coloured Hair by Heritage Hair

NOTE: I did half of this post at the salon. ;p

=========== Here goes! =================

It feels productive to be blogging while doing my hair treatment at Heritage Hair.
Complimentary wifi for the win, yay!

Untitled
Image on Mint Leong's Instagram.

Heritage Hair


What a coincidence!

Evalee happen to be here at Heritage Hair as well and she's getting a new bleach.
Look out for her new hairstyle on http://www.evaleelx.com.

Heritage hair

Right now I'm steaming my hair for 15 minutes.

The hair treatment I'm doing today consists of 2 hair-steaming process and a 4-step hair product application with a hair product from Japan.

The treatment will take about 2 hours.

Heritage hair

It's the 2nd week of my bleached highlights - Just TWO bright streaks on both sides of my face: Purple covering the top half of each highlight and fades to red. These colours are what we typically known as 'funky colours'.

In my opinion, curls make funky-coloured highlights more appealing.
The strands of curls allows more colours to be conveniently exposed.
Since I only did 2 strands of highlights, the curls actually made them even more obvious than when my hair is straight.

Heritage hair

Having funky hair colours is a popular trend in Singapore now -
Purple, pink, red, turquoise, rainbow, green, orange etc.

The colours which my friends have done are all over my Instagram and Facebook.
They bring so much vibrance and personality to each individual's lifestyle and look.
THEY LOOK GOOD.

Having experienced peacock-coloured, red and purple highlights and blue hair (I ever blogged about the different hairstyles I had as I grew up, view images HERE), I have 4 lifestyle tips for you about having funky colours (some were advised and others invented based on my own personal experience haha)

Tip no 1. Avoid wearing light-coloured clothing 

Especially when your hair is wet.
The colours come off when in contact with water and they will stain your apparel.

I'm keeping my fingers cross that your hairstylist will tell you about this.

Play safe by wearing dark coloured tops or place a towel on your shoulders when you hair is still wet to prevent your tops from being stained.

Heritage hair

Tip No 2. Lay a towel over your pillow before u sleep

Tip 1 says it'll stain your clothing, what makes you think your pillow cases and blankets will be spared?

Heritage hair


Tip No 3. Consult your hairstylist about the after effects of your colours.

Thanks Kenn for your great advice, THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Heritage hair

The different colours on your hair will fade to blonde eventually if you bleach them, AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS.

My initially intention was to do purple at the top, red at the bottom on one side and reverse the colours on the other. In my case, Kenn was totally honest with me. "The purple is going to fade much faster than the red highlight and your hair will eventually look awkward with red and sudden blonde at the bottom. May I suggest that we do the same on both sides, with the red at the bottom instead?"

OK.
I'm really thankful I heeded his advice.
My purple has been replaced by ash grey now, eventually fading to mahogany red.

NICE.

What if your hairstylist is on leave?
What if you are so busy that you have to leave your hair as it is for a few months?
All the what ifs….

So seek your hairstylist for advice about the after effects of the colours on your hair.


Tip no 4. Avoid sleeping on boyfriend's chest!

Heritage hair

This one was EPIC.
MinutemanSG woke up with half of his chest stained.
I thought I had unintentionally bruised him (bash him up in my sleep or something).

GOT THE BIGGEST SHOCK IN MY LIFE.
Profusely apologised and we laughed when we realised what had happened.

So be careful with your partner's apparel as well.
If you're perspiring with your funky colours, avoid leaning your head against him and his light-coloured clothes.

=========================

Kenn is my hairstylist at Heritage Hair.

Heritage Hair

Location of Heritage Hair 
TIDES @ 217
East Coast Road #02-03
Singapore 428915

Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 8pm.
Appointment preferred @ 6345 9902 / 6345 3379 

Buses There:

Heritage Hair


Heritage Hair

The entrance to level 2 is at the side of the building:

Heritage Hair


Heritage Hair



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Heritage Hair

Finally decided to chop off my severely damaged, frizzy and tangled hair.
Kenn gave me a V-cut at the back, slanted bangs and highlights on two sides of my face.
He bleached my highlights before he gave them a red and purple combination.

I like how cosy Heritage Hair felt.
The professionals working are so friendly and jovial.
Sandra, Joyce and Kenn: thank you for making my day!

Heritage Hair


Heritage Hair



Heritage Hair

Heritage Hair

Heritage Hair

Heritage Hair

Heritage Hair

I think I lost at least 2KG from the hair he managed to snip off!

Heritage hair

Bleach:
Heritage Hair

Heritage hair

TADAH!

Heritage hair


Heritage hair

Heritage Hair


Heritage Hair

Told you that straight hair will make the highlights look very subtle.
Heritage hair



Heritage hair

Here's Mint Leong Blog Deal For Heritage Hair

Quote 'Mint Leong' for 15% off Heritage Hair's services from the ala-carte price (applicable to all Hair Service except Wash-Blow-Styling).

Heritage hair

Stay connected with me on Facebook!


XoXo Many Many ~

No comments:

Post a Comment