Friday, November 23, 2012

[Food Review] Welcome 2 TaiPei... STATION

Anyone who knows me in person would know how much I'm in love Taiwan; the people, the food, the culture, EVERYTHING.

The moment I received the invitation to a food review at Taipei Station(Bugis+) & learnt that the food are prepared with authentic Taiwan Recipes, I was over the moon!

I'm homesick "taiwansick".
I need Taiwanese Food.

You know that I can literally live on Bubble Tea alone right~
*beams*

CIMG0160

I'd try my best to filter out all photobombers but this group of photobombers is so epic I just have to feature them.

They were strolling towards my direction and of all places, stopped RIGHT in front of my lens, stood there for a good 5 minutes and even continued to block me after realising I was trying to take pictures. One was even staring into my camera!

Grade A* Photo-bombers
Call +65- 4321 2345 and quote 'Mint Leong' 
to get a 20% off their packages now!

"We Don't Apologise!"

Seriously these people.

Back to my happy food review,  \( ^ . ^ )/

Taipei Station is a new opened Taiwan-inspired eatery located at Bugis+ (formally Iluma), Level 4.

CIMG0161

CIMG0164

The stall has a dine-in concept which most similar eateries don't have. Instead of the usual buy-and-eat-as-you-go, they have tables & seats for patrons to dine in at Taipei Station. Also, they don't serve and bring the menu to you. It works like a normal bubble stall where you place your order & make payment, then wait for your Q-number to be called. (remember to take your receipt!)

IMPORTANT NOTE: *** NO SERVING CHARGE****

CIMG0162

CIMG0165

Even the seating arrangement is so Taiwanese; you can share your table and get to know more friends~ (Maybe you should even ask if they have Phewtick and earn more ka-ching!)

Apart from the authentic recipes, their food & beverage preparation equipment, spices and seasoning as well as their premium tea leaves & pearls came specially from Taiwan.

CIMG0167

Choices on the menu are standardise and straightforward like other Taiwan eateries.
You don't get headaches from choosing what to eat:

CIMG0163


THE DRINKS

There are 4 drinks & sugar level to choose from:

  • Jasmine Green Tea (S$2.50)
  • Milk Green Tea (S$2.50)
  • Honey Oolong Milk Tea(S$2.80)
  • Toffee Milk Tea (S$2.80)
Colin and I had the Honey Oolong Milk Tea and Toffee Milk Tea. 
I like their Honey Oolong Milk Tea and it happens to be one of their STAR ITEM!


CIMG0166
Can you tell which flavour from which?
The cup with brown spots are honey. :)



THE MAINS ( S$4.20 to S$4.90)

STAR ITEM 2: Crispy Chicken in Original, Cheese & Wasabi Seasoning (S$4.20)
They should come in bags but this time they served it in bowls for me to take pictures for you!

CIMG0177

Original:
CIMG0170

Wasabi:
CIMG0173

Cheese:
CIMG0175



CIMG0196
Actual serving, Cold Noodle with peanut sauce (spicy/non-spicy), S$4.50


Their Lu Rou Fan is A MUST-EAT!!! 

Check it out:

CIMG0198
Actual serving, Braised Pork with Ricce (S$4.90)


CIMG0199
Oyster Rice Vermicelli (S$4.90)




THE SIDES (S$3.00 to S$3.50)

They all taste SOoooo Good, I don't know which one to recommend ops.
Oh yes, you may want ot order their Crispy Vegetable Combo for just S$4.50 if you're too spoilt for choices like me.

CIMG0179
Mushrooms


CIMG0185
broccoli

CIMG0190
Tofu Cubes

I can have 5 servings of these:
CIMG0193
French Beans

CIMG0180
Sweet potato fries

Their menu: http://www.taipeistation.com.sg/menu.html



SET MEALS & PROMOTIONS

The food comes in SET meals as well.
Choice of 1 main + 1 Side Dish + I Drink (S$7.90 - S$8.60)
For the executives & retails working in the area, Taipei Station has

WEEKDAY LUNCH SPECIAL: S$6.90
Chicken Cutlet rice bento with choice of sauce (Traditional/ BBQ) + Choice of drink (Jasmine Green Tea or Milk Green Tea) 


I'm so lucky that day!
Finally after almost a year, Zir and I finally met up at a blog event.

It was great meeting Zoeraymond for the 1st time too.
She's really sweet and friendly! Awwww.....

Thank you, Babyboy for accompanying to blog events!

I'd really loved for everyone of you to meet him! Meanwhile you can check out his new blog and find out why is he 'the minute man'. He writes so differently that sometimes I think he's not a local and doesn't stay in singapore when reading his posts. Personal opinion, don't quote me hor~
Colin Chang: www.theminuteman.sg

CIMG0201
Left to right: Silver Ang, Colin Chang, Me, Zoeraymond, Alvin

CIMG0203
LOVE THE GIRLS!

I'm giving away this S$10 dining voucher from Taipei Station.
Thank you, Taipei station!

First person to drop me an email at mintmintLeong@gmail.com, telling me that you wish have this voucher gets it!

Untitled



TAIPEI STATION

Address: 201 Victoria street #04-03 Bugis+ Singapore 188067
Opening Hours: 11am - 9pm Daily
website: www.taipeistation.com.sg
twitter: @taipeistation
Facebook: www.facebook.com/taipeistation


I SO BADLY WANT TO GO TAIWAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment