Wednesday, January 15, 2014

[Mint.Music.Lifestyle] Mint's 3-Day Birthday Celebration!

Who in the world would celebrate her birthday for 3 days?

ME!

Technically speaking, 4 days.
There was a mini birthday cake-cutting ceremony on New Year's day at my grandma's.

My family, friends and I had so much Taiwan Fruit Beer on all 4 days!
They come in bottles now. *Burps*



Once again if you're wondering where I got my new hairstyle - the bangs, highlights and straightening, it's from Heritage hair!
They say that cousins are our first friends.
They are so right.

Meet my Cousins and siblings on 1st January 2014.

This is an almost-full attendance cousins photo.
One of the cousins, Jianing, is currently studying in London but she'll be back at the end of this year, yay!

When I was younger, my birthday celebrations would always be celebrated with my cousies.
Back then, we'd have a family gathering at Grandma's.
We'd play games all day and night.
*In recent years, the games were 'upgraded' to Mahjong (which I seldom join in).*

Consider it's something new for us as the choice for this year's games were Dice Town and the classic fishing game*





We never grow up, do we.
That's why I love them all so much!


In the evening, there'd be a Swensen's birthday ice-cream cake for the January Babies after dinner.

It's been years I celebrated my birthday with the cousins and family.
It felt like the good old days and for me it's like, 'hey let's do this again!'

A PERFECT START TO THE NEW YEAR.

We have 4 January babies in my family.


Left to right: Me, Melson, Jiaxin and Tyrus(little cousin right in front)
Tyrus LOVES cars so the aunts chose this cake for him.

Oh oh, before I forget, Melson and I were born on the SAME DAY, 3rd January.

Cousin Ben trying to open his bottle of Taiwan Fruit Beer.


*Manfred, children under 18 cannot drink huh. See See can.*




Ice-cream cake served, Happy Burstday in advance to me!


On my way to the supermarket on the next day, (2nd Jan 2014),
BDD surprised me with a bouquet of Stitch.

It was HUGE!

You won't believe it when I say I walked around and shopped for groceries while carrying that bouquet around. Everyone was praising how beautiful the bouquet was and children even stopped to touch the little Stitch heads.

THANK YOU BDD for your big big surprise, muacks!





Time to party, for the next 3 days~

03 JANUARY 2014, DAY 01: Hurray, My Burstday!
MyDreamGuy was the FIRST to wish me a Happy Birthday in person at 12 midnight.



Together with my Twinkle, her bf and my mum, we spent a happy day at Adventure Cove Waterpark.





Thanks to Ang Zir Zir, I can take photographs with my camera phone without wetting it.
Waterproof phone casing ROCKS!

She revealed she had bought it from Taobao.



Almost choked to death at the tidal waves pool when i was trying to take videos and pictures of everyone.
LOL.



Colin has this affinity with animals.
He always manage to capture great pictures as the animals will pose for him.
See that ray above his head?
It posed there the whole time I'm trying to get mummy to stop moving.



Photobombers Johnson and Twinkle alert:


These two rascals, one trying to meditate on a float as he braves under a mini waterfall, the other trying to capsize his float:


Mummy's first ride at Adventure Cove Waterpark.
It's a slide where you try to slide down with a mat:


Whee!
Colin (left) bumping into the side of the slide and mum(right) laughing at him.



What a coincidence because because we bumped into Melson, my cousin whom I just told you that we were born on the same day, and his girlfriend! Bumping into him at the waterpark is like a double bonus~



There, a group shot together would be nice~


Dinner at Imperial Treasure.
I'm famished!

Then my loved ones surprised me with a black forest birthday cake!



Just so happen the little boy in yellow top is also celebrating his birthday and gave us a huge slice of his cake.
Happy birthday to you too!


Thank you Twinkle and Johnson, for specially taking the day off just to celebrate my actual birthday with me. Life becomes more complete with wonderful friends like you.

To Twinkle:
I feel so loved. :)
Whatever you've done for me is genuinely so much more than what a normal friend will do for anyone. Thank you for your support. You have added so much fun and beautiful things into my life: my nails, our  friendship, your laughter, jokes and so much more...

So really, you need not apologise for anything at all. 
I am blessed to have you in my life, Twinkle.



Home but still not resting yet.
We were still up at 10.30PM making egg mayo sandwiches for the great picnic day the following day.





DAY 02: Picnic at Sentosa Siloso Beach with BFFs(Blogger-friends-forever)

A day at Siloso beach with my close bloggers friends.

Thank you BDD once again for ordering BBQ food for all of us even though you couldn't make it to the party.

Putting my JBL Speaker to good use:


Notice the bags of food behind me, they are all from BDD!
Then there's this beautiful and most yummy cake Colin ordered from ThePatissier.





I think SuperstoreSingapore.com has got super powers too!
How do they know we have a carton of Taiwan fruit beer without any bottle openers?!

So when I received this packet of customised bottle openers, I got the biggest shock of my life!



Thank you SUPERSTORESINGAPORE.COM for the badge-cum-magnet-cum-bottle-openers for all of us who turned up for the picnic, perfect door gifts!








Oh look, Bubble Leong & Brover's here to play!
Sister Smith, thanks for taking care of Bubble, coming over to our place early in the mornning to collect the logistics and drinks and send them down to Sentosa!



Fur-Nanny Chris looking after the dogs so that we could concentrate on the ice-breaker game.
Thank you
Chris:


Picnic time!
We held a mini food contest for friends who have brought a food dish.
The person voted for the best food dish received a medal and an early angbao!



Bubble got a share of his doggie food too:


Let's meet the participants.

First up, here's Caren with her Smoke salmon Canapes.
I was invited to do a guest post on her blog for January, read it up: http://caramabes.com/blog/january-guest-post-writers-blogladies-fifphan-mintleong/.



Caren also won the early bird prize:


Yingzi posing with her spicy ramen:


William made curry vege for us and it's full of ingredients!
Hp on his left giving William his full support~




Yongwei with his 6.5minutes hard boiled egg.
"IT MUST BE 6.5 MINUTES", he said, "then the yolk is juicy and poached-style."



WOHOOOO he's telling the truth!


Cookie prepared pasta and Salmon Yogurt dip.
We were all surprised she can cook so well!




Fenny brought sushi for us:


last but not least, here's HP with his Mint flavoured ice-cream:


More BBQ food from BDD Mandyshima, with love.


It's voting time.
The participants were invited to stand in a line as we cast our votes by pasting stickers on them:


I invited my students from N.E.mation 8 to have some fun~






The participants with their stickers:


The winner is COOKIE with her prize:



The game masters, Colin and Daiyu ready to brief the next game:


It's called Mint's Burstday Photo Bingo Game.

The guests are divided in to 3 teams and given a list of tasks to complete.
Here's what they received:



To view what they've done, search #MintBday on Instagram.
Some are really so funny!

Here's Calvin's team trying to make Bubble Leong smile:


Cookie's team discussing how to go about doing the instavideo of the birthday song:


The skies got dark really quickly due to the rain.
It was pitch black by 6PM so everyone took out their torches to lit up the area.



A photo with my favourite boy before we sing the birthday song:


GROUP PHOTO is the best!


Daiyu got a macaroon with gold flakes of his own.
He totally deserves the best.

He was up with us since 11am to help run errands.
From buying ice, to cake collection, to carry heavy food and facilitate the games:



MyDreamGuy deserves only the best too!





Lucky Draw!


4th Prize winner, Daiyu.
好人有好报:


3rd Prize winner, Ching Gje.


2nd Prize winner: Xin Pei


Grand Prize winner: Hong Peng!


Brother Leong is the best!
Calvintimo came down to surprise me even though he has work to do on that day:



Thank you EE!


DAY 03: Steamboat at Aunt's place with Besties

I've known this group of friends for at least a decade.
Some of them, in fact most of them, met again for the first time after more than 10years!

These besties went through thick and thin with me, in times of good and bad.
I wouldn't have been who I am now without anyone of them at any point of time.



Clockwise direction: Jaime, Weida(yellow top), Collin Chan (in glasses and checkered top behind Weida), Kyel (on the floor in a black top in front of Weida), Wenhui, Jennifer, Me, Colin, Rachael, Della, Ivan, Sharlene(white dress), Joel.

I'm grateful to each and everyone of you, whether it is helping in terms of financial, job opportunities, studies or just being there to listen when I needed a listening ear.

I'm thankful that you're in my life.



Found another way to use the badge SuperstoreSingapore.com has given us!
Besides being a badge, a magnet and a bottle opener, it's also a coin holder + paper weight when we played blackjack!



Friends and family, thank you for ALL these lovely birthday gifts.
They are most creative, useful, thoughtful and most unpredictable.

THANK YOU!!!








My year started with a huge blast and full of love.
I'm sure this is going to be the best year ever.

Happy Birthday To Me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment