Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy 2014- Resolutions

HAPPY 2014 TO YOU!
Heppeh Niu Year!

My celebration mode was switched on since Christmas 2013. 
Endless parties, quiet moments, naps, catching up with friends, spending time with my loved ones and …
just simply away from Social Media on most occasions except instagram-ing and Tweeting.

I'm back.
Refresh. Recharge. 
Ready for 2014!

For those who have been constantly visiting MintLeong.sg,
following me on my other social media platforms such as instagram and Twitter @MintLeong,
here's my warmest 10Q for your endless support and love. 

THANK YOU 很多很多.
Thank you for growing up with me.
----  ❤  ----

Neh~
My blog posts are piling up like back-to-school homework!
I WILL PUBLISH ALL MY BACKDATED POSTS BY THE END OF JANUARY 2014:
about my nose fillers, my hair, my birthday, Colin's birthday celebrations LAST year, my sydney trip, song covers with classmates…

By Hook or By Crook.

If you'd noticed by now, I do have tabs located just below my blog banner where you can access other pages of my blogs, one of it is named 'goals'.

Yesu yesu, 
it's where my annual new year resolutions and wish list are.


An annual thing I do;
to review my New Year Resolutions and make new ones. 

Different people work differently.
I like to do it this way because I feel more goal-oriented, there's something to look forward to complete and I keep track along the way.

Mint's New Year Resolutions 2013
Here's how I derived them last year. Read HERE.

Stike off = Achieved.
  1. Go on a Taiwan Holiday! (Half done because tickets are booked for July 2014! MyDreamGuy and I are bringing mummy too, hurray!)
  2. Get my driving license 
  3. Learn and Play the Ukulele
  4. Upload at least 5 Youtube Video Covers for MissMintLeong Youtube channel.
  5. Achieve and Maintain at 48KG (48KG for first half of 2013)
  6. Start my teeth straightening and whitening treatments
  7. Save up at least 5K BY Dec 2013
  8. Earn AT LEAST 2K per month
  9. Give myself a break ONCE a week.
3 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 4/10 goals achieved.
I need to work doubly hard for 2014 to review and complete the other 6.

Sidenote:
To this anonymous person who left me this particular comment in 2013:



Thank you for giving me the drive to PROVE YOU WRONG.

YESU YESU.
Singing and Emceeing IS a proper job.
I'm earning a decent income here, and much more than you think.

There is a need for talents in this trade.
Otherwise who in the world will do roadshows, D&Ds, functions, weddings & other occasions.
By the way, you spelt 'GIGANTIC' incorrectly!

I can only LAUGH at you.
HARD.
And now we shall let others have a good laugh at you too to start Year 2014.

Thank you for bringing joy into our lives.
Ok, shall move on.
----  ❤  ----

I've not completed more than HALF of my resolutions so we'll keep them because I'm actually  STILL working on them.


1.Get my driving license.

This is a MUST achieve!
Travelling is really a hassle for me.
Meetings, events, back-to-back schedules are killing me. 

I'd need to spend less time on the go.
I don't think I can afford a car yet but at least, I can drive around should I have a ride. 

I heard it's getting harder and harder to pass. 
ARGHS.

2. Learn and Play the Ukulele AS WELL AS the keyboard smoothly.

I'm already taking keyboard classes with Chi Sheng Lao Shi at Intune Music since 06 January 2014. I've ALWAYS wanted to learn the keyboard, always.  

In April 2013, I took up a 2-month intensive piano pop lesson with Ocean Butterflies Music Academy as well so that I can be eligible for the WDA song writing course and managed to learn basic pop piano techniques. It's really very basic though: recognising the notes, basic music score reading as well as basic comping.

Well, everyone begins somewhere.
Although small, I'm moving forward I know. :)

3. Start my teeth straightening and whitening treatments.

Although many friends suggested I don't have to, I feel this is really important to me because I really hope to improve my side profile, my smile and my confidence on stage. 

The consultation has been done.
A HUGE sum but I'm determined to save up for it.
I'd need to pull out my wisdom teeth, cleaning, make braces first due to the huge gap inside my mouth...

4. Save up at least 5K BY Dec 2014.

I'm not kidding.
This is simply a baby step to start my own little family soon. :p


5. Pay off my bills promptly on my own.

Tuition fee loan; Yes it's still ongoing. 
Monthly phone bills. How can I miss this? :)

It's not like I'm not paying promptly. 
But sometimes myDreamGuy pays them first before my pay arrives.
I'd like to be able to pay themselves whenever the bill comes. 

6. Lose weight and maintain at 48KG PERMANENTLY!

Period.
I'm a 53kg now, boo-boo.

No junk food!

7. Make and upload at least FIVE better-quality videos of my originals compositions on my youtube channel.

They can be collaborations with friends in terms of lyrics, melody, MV-filming, mixing and mastering, editing or brand new songs we co-write together.

Time to put the song-writings techniques and skills I've learnt to good use.
They get mouldy and forgotten when we learn but don't use them.

Dreams-come-true always manage to find its way to me somehow.
I'm blessed.

8. Give myself a break at least ONCE a week.

If I don't write this, I'd forget to take a break. 
The woes of a workaholic.

9. Practise and Improve my emcee skills such that I'd be able to present myself confidently, fluently and more flexibly at events and functions. 

Life is a journey.
Keep Learning and push yourselves to greater heights!

10. Spend more time with my loved ones.

I cherish all my loved ones: My mum, Zir, Bubble Leong and myDreamGuy.
They are always waiting for my attention.
This year, I'd set aside time for them by asking them out FIRST.

I'd also want to bring my little niece, Jasmine Chia, out at least once every 2 months. 
Setting aside a small amount of my pay to splurge on her when I do isn't too much, right?
Come on, she's just a 3-year-old little girl who is so loveable!

11. Take more B.M.W.

Bus, MRT, Walk.
that is.

Yah, cabbing is sucking up most of my income. 
I'm going to make sure I have enough time to travel around using public transportations. Also, the schedules I plan will be more spaced out so that I have time for meals too.

11 new year resolutions. 
Wooots!

1.Get my driving license.
2. Learn and Play the Ukulele AS WELL AS the keyboard smoothly.
3. Start my teeth straightening and whitening treatments.
4. Save up at least 5K BY Dec 2014.
5. Pay off my bills promptly on my own.
6. Lose weight and maintain at 48KG PERMANENTLY!
7. Make and upload at least FIVE better-quality videos of my originals compositions on my youtube channel.
8. Give myself a break at least ONCE a week.
9. Practise and Improve my emcee skills such that I'd be able to present myself confidently, fluently and more flexibly at events and functions. 
10. Spend more time with my loved ones.
11. Take more B.M.W.

Made yours too but make sure it's achievable okies.
2014 is going to be AWESOMEeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment