Thursday, September 25, 2014

[Mint.Music.Lifestyle] Oooosh, N.E.mation! 9 Has Begun!



Hello from Hong Kong!

First of all, I'd really like to apologize for accidentally reformatting my memory card.
All the photos I took at the Nemation! 9 Top 100 Pitching event from my camera are gone!!!
(And the ones I took at Doubletree by Hilton in JB too!) 

Fortunately I still have a few of selfies left on my iPhone!
*selfies alert*


N.E.MATION! 9 TOP 100 Pitching

It's my first time attending a pitching session. I'm thankful to be able to listen to the students share their ideas from the initial pitching. Since N.E.Mation!5, I have only been able to actively participate in the top 10 production, so it is really just a glimpse of what the rest of the students actually have to share.

To me, being able to follow N.E.Mation!9 through from the top 100 pitching is indeed an amazing experience, and there is aways so much to learn from their stories and determination. 

As a typical Singaoorean would say: "Pattern 多过 badminton".

These students really put in a lot of effort in preparing for the pitching, to make sure that they leave a lasting impression on the judges. 

Photo grabbed from N.E.mation! Instagram.


At the end of the day, my heart felt recharged and filled with passion once again.
These students, chasing their dreams and doing their best to get into Top 10.

Who says that they are the 'strawberry generation'?
They have so much more to give than you can imagine.
These students are patriotic, grateful and dedicated, no less.

= Random Team 1 =
This all girls'  team did a research on Singapore's Pioneer Generation and found a rare write up of this veteran nurse who has been caring for the patients at IMH for 40 years. 

They shared how Sister Gali (Ms Therese Ann Galistan, 62 years old) inspired them by taking up this challenge to take care of her patients at the Institute of Mental Health. 

It's a job which a lot of younger nurses wouldn't want to do yet she takes pride in her work. 
They credit her for her contribution in the society and planned to work on doing more research about her. She is still alive today.


If not for this team, I would never have known Sister Gali and her amazing contributions towards Singapore. 

KUDOS!

Article of Sister Gali I found online: 


= Random Team 2 = 

This team is one of the most passionate teams I've met that day.
First of all, they've prepared so much props from boards, flip charts, drawings to staging up a short skit (lying on the floor,  rolling on the floor), to singing their own composition and even blowing baby powder into mid air to mimmick a haze situation!

Determined I'd say. 
Well prepared.

Take a look at the highlights of the Top 100 Pitching.




This year, the top 20 teams of N.E.mation! 9 also received a token of appreciation from the organisers!



Watch the highlights of the Top 22 Super Pitching here.
Fascinating storyboards and one can tell just how much preparation they made all in a week's time.



After a week of pitching and waiting here they are,
the top 10 teams of N.E.mation! 9.

  
Team Name
School
Acrylics
Raffles Instituition
AlphaCrescent
Crescent Girls’ School
Believed Beliefs
CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School
Chunky Monkeys
Singapore Chinese Girls’ School
Elemonators
CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School
HigherThanYou
Cedar Girls’ Secondary School
IDK
Raffles Girls School (Secondary)
JJKN59
Kent Ridge Secondary School
Millennium Dragons
CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School
wasd
Commonwealth Secondary School
CONGRATULATIONS TEAMS!
I'm sorry I couldn't be there to follow through the pitching because I'm in Hong Kong but the videos and pictures which the organisers have put up on the website and instagram really kept me updated of the whole process.

Thank you!

Visit N.E.mation! 9 website now.
Click HERE.

N.E.mation! is also on FACEBOOK.

The nugget size feeds of N.E.mation! 9 are found on instagram HERE.

Top 10 teams, I can't wait to congratulate you in person soonest.
Go Go Go!

1 comment: