Monday, July 25, 2011

Singapore Blog Awards 2011- The Mega Family Gathering!

This day has finally arrived; This year, Singapore Blog Awards 2011 was celebrated at Shanghai Dolly.

IMG_2909

IMG_2911

IMG_2910

IMG_2914

Grab a booklet, let's get inside!

IMG_2912

IMG_2960

IMG_2913


IMG_3003

Close to 300 bloggers came to the party. The local blogosphere has grown bigger!

It was like a mega family gathering for me. I met so many familiar faces! They were close friends whom I've made over the past one year, and friends I've been reading their blogs but not seen them in person until today.

Earlier that morning I was having a bad day and thought I couldn't make it down anymore. Now that I did, I have absolutely no regrets!

IMG_2955

Decided to dress up as the popular Liang Popo according to this year's theme: "Historical Characters".

Reason 1: My surname is 'Leong', which you read as 'Liang' in mandarin. I believe Liang popo will be how I look in 50years' time.
Reason 2: Liang popo was popular in the '90s.
Reason 3: The costume is really simple to find! *hurray!*
Reason 4: I will definitely not look convincing as a queen/princess/fairy.
Reason 5: I really suck at trying to beautifying myself.

Are you ready to see Liang popo?
Here is it:

IMG_2923

Thank you Klessis & RynaQUE for styling my gorgeous hair! *Muacks* It took us quite awhile to get my hair bun up because of those layers. But we did it, in the super stuffy toilet!

IMG_2926


IMG_2999
I asked Jackie, "DD, why you choose an ah ma as your gf?"
He responded later that night, "Because I'll be an Ah Gong in future."

Brrr.... How mushy. But I like to hear it anyway.

IMG_2915

Free flow on the house but before I could even take a sip, I was being called for a short interview. *Popo is thirsty but professional*

=== Switch to Granny Mode ===

wuwuwuwu Popo is so egcited I come to SingKaPor Bog Awark 2011! I neber see so many boggers under a roof before. All the boy boys & girl girls are so pretty and handsum. I am bery happy to take fotos with them.

~By the way the food can dabao wan anot wuwuwuwu?~


IMG_2924

These 2 guys--Leon & conan- were the first to catch popo's attention because they stood at a platform so high & dangerous, Popo scared they fell down. Hurrying them to faster come down but they explained that's one of the best spot to take event photos. In the end, they were too cute to reject so Popo asked them to be careful and be safe.

IMG_2953
Left: Leongraphy, Conan Seow

I've got two pretty superstars standing next to me wuwuwuwu: Silver Ang & Cheryl Tay.

Officially introduced to Cheryl for the first time although I've been hearing alot about her. I've definitely been voting for her in the Best Individual Final Blog Awards, no one else!

IMG_2928

IMG_2965
Cheryl, you are so pretty Popo must take another foto with you!

IMG_2947
Popo meets another eye candy, Joyce

IMG_2963
Geck Geck and her award-winning smile.

IMG_2988
Popo got on stage for the Best Dress Contest and was even more egcited to stand beside yet another pretty lady dress up as Cleopatra; Rachell. She modified her dress herself, talented, isn't she?

IMG_2989
Spotted Kaykay at a corner with everyone queuing up to take photographs with her. Long time no see babe, so sweet of you to still remember me, and even when I was dressed up as Liang Popo. *Blush*

IMG_3005
Another sweet-looking eye candy. If you are reading this, please leave a comment and introduce yourself because I forgotten to ask for your name. Nice to meet you at the SBA2011! *winks*

IMG_2994
Surprised to see familiar x5 faces; Elizabeth & Clarissa from TCP.

IMG_2933
There's Kenneth & Alouis too; our promising & aspiring TCP superstars.
IMG_2998

IMG_2993
Alouis Alouis Alouis Alouis Alouis Alouis Alouis Alouis! (inside joke)

IMG_2941
Elaine, congrats on winning the ASUS Best tech award!


IMG_2938
Jerome, congrats on winning the best photography award. Well deserved. I'm your avid reader by the way.

IMG_2958
With Daniel from DanielFoodDiary

IMG_2962
It was an absolute honor to own this group photo of me with Acting Minister for community environment, youth & sports & minister of state for information, communications and the arts - Major-General (NS) Chan Chun Sing.

IMG_2967
Left: Cheryl, Silver, Hpility, Terence, Jeremy & me


====BFFS CORNER=====
Blogger Friends Forever!!!

IMG_2973
Chrispytine babe, my all-time favourite blogger.

IMG_2942
Love my Jac Jac & Daen, extremely low profile that day. Maybe it's because we didn't get to talk much. See you soon!

IMG_2991
*SCREAM* Darrenbloggie, you won the Best Shopping Deals award!!! WOHOOOO!!! Super happy x 100000000000 for you, Brother!


IMG_3008
Best shot with my Brother Leong, Calvin Timothy by Darrenbloggie. Love ya!

IMG_2968
Sister Leong! Bery busy the whole day but glad I manage to steal 10sec of his time to take a picture with him.

IMG_2966
Attended last year's SBA with William Handsum. We met again this year! Everytime I see him, he gets more handsum and kind-hearted. :)

IMG_2935
Why is everyone so tall today, including Cherie?

IMG_2945
With dearest Xiao Bu Dian(小不点), Samantha.

IMG_2954
Look at how my darling Yingzi, stealing all the limelight. She's absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous! and no other words to describe!

Yongwei the Koala bear(although oversize) with my Silver Jie whilst I wasn't there to protect her. *Abish, Yongwei*

IMG_2997

=======End of BFF Corner========

Domino's pizza can dabao too?!

IMG_2971

The view from the stage where I was up for the Best Dress Contest:

IMG_2975

Credits to SuperAdrianMe for this awesome video, the best dress segment:



Steven Lim told us he's Michael Jackson, Wth?! He almost knocked down ALL of us when he did his somersault! I was totally freaked out I tell you! He could have killed us.

IMG_2985
Thankq u to all my precious voters!!!

Popo honestly didn't expect to win. And look at me, so absent-minded that I left my spectacles in my bag all this while. The winner I had in mind was Pocahontas because she handmade the best costume of the day! Talented Clara!

My prize, my prize: A set of Tiffany Glassware & laptop bag by Fabrix.

IMG_2990


IMG_3009
Ah Beng, we can go home now.

IMG_3010
One more last shot with Yingzi babe since she's so gorgeous!


IMG_3004

Thankq u OMY.SG for inbiting me to come.
Thankq you!


IMG_3028

Now I have both the SGSMD & SBA2011 collectible badges! *Yipppee*

See you on SBA2012!
Congratulations to all winners of SBA 2011!

3 comments:

  1. you really did awesome and so many pictures!! :) yay!!! i saw kay kay too.. she's super hot and chio. apparently dawn yang was there but not really a fan of her. and yes, steven lim is atrocious. enough said! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. U did an awesome job and stayed in character throughout! Haha! ;) Looking forward to more omy get-togethers in the neat future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi San, thank you so much! I'll see you in future OMY events! Please say hi because I can't recognise you from your display picture, okay? :D

    ReplyDelete