Sunday, August 22, 2010

WOW is here!

For centuries ever known, women have used a variety of menstrual protection. (Guys, you should at least know something about this to impress the woman. So read on.)
From towels, to cloth, to pads and tampons;
you name it, we got it.
We even have a Museum of Menstruation, located in Washing D.C, offering interesting insights about this woman issue.

The term 'Menstruation' or 'Menses' refers to the release of endometrial tissue and blood that occurs as part of the menstrual cycle. Women call it their 'Grand-aunt'(大姨妈 or Da Yi Ma in mandarin)' ,'来红(Lai-ang)' and just simply, 'that One'.

Sanitary Pad-a form of a porous item that has the capability of absorbing the flow of menstrual flow. Too chim? Just know that we termed these sanitary pads as 'pamper', 'bread' or just 'kor-tec'.

Do you know that disposable sanitary pads only started to be available in the market only around the year 1895. However, the prices of these sanitary pads were very high, which made them exclusive toiletries of rich women. (But it's available worldwide now, WORLDWIDE!)



The earliest forms of sanitary pad was shaped in such way, that it could be easily attached to a special belt or girdle. Belted sanitary pads those days were inconvenient(i said that like as if i'm also from those days). They soon became outdated and replaced by stick-on pads . Pads those days were so 'ley cey', being up to two centimeters thick. Leaks(i mean blood) were a major problem then.

In this modern day, pads even come with wings(that cannot fly),fragrance, and even anions pads!

So what else can be new?!

The Kotex Blogger Party @Heaven's Loft blew me away. When I first heard of it from Alvin, I went,"Are you serious?!" On that very same night, i recieved the invitation e-mail.

Fast forward to 21st August 2010, 2.45pm.

Lions at Orchard Central greeted me on my way to the toilet to meet Tiff.
(What's wrong with that? People cannot meet in the toilet lar?)



Look! They were their cubs too!



Sidetrack abit:
I simply heart this cake at Heaven's Loft!
Does anyone really buy it back as a birthday cake?



Here I am, finally at the private event- Kotex Blogger Party!
It was held at Heaven's Loft, Orchard Central, #08-01.

In the United States, Kotex became well-known in the 1920s, when Kimberly-Clark placed adverts in Good Housekeeping magazine. If I am not wrong, Kotex was the first sanitary pad product to place their ads via media in the year 1888. Correct me if I am wrong please. In August 2009, Kotex launched a premium subbrand called Kotex Luxe in Singapore.
(click on the links to know more about them. I've been there and done that.)




One of the 'fewest' males I saw, in fact the only guy I know there- Alvin.



I was surrounded by ladies, ladies and more pretty ladies!
About 80 of them, I am SO fortunate I tell you...



There's really yummy-looking food (and yummy yummy desserts!), an engaging Design-your-own-cupcake Booth, an instant photography booth, a free Ben and Jerry's ice-cream booth(I was screaming with Joy!) and an insightful presentation personally presented by Crystal Lin, the Management Trainee from Kimberly-Clark Singapore Pte Ltd.





Inhale.
Are You ready to WOW at Kotex's new products?

Wait wait.
Before you scroll down further, how do you think the new designs of sanitary pads will look like?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Have something in mind yet?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Let me present to you, the new Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Design Pads!



Look at the pretty colours!
It comes with a total of 6 new designs, whose creations are influenced by comtemporary fashion trends-The girl-next-door collection and The indie-chick collection.



These are drawstring polybags-Light, portable and reusable! The photo of the actual sample product taken below in the goodie bag section.

Packcount: 6 pads per pack(3 designs per pack)
Pad length: 23cm
RSP/pack: S$1.95

They also have the Upgraded Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Fusion Day and Night Pads. (pic unavail) Comes in only 1 design though. Also packed in drawstring polybags, with 20pads per pack in the Day pad(23cm) pack, and 14 pads per Night pad(32cm) pack.
RSP: S$6.40

Do you know what's in this big book(below) so much so we can't get our hands off?



Why yes! The samples themselves!

They were so soft,comfortable and cottony- the thoughtfulness of Kotex Luxe. Come on, you'll think that we ladies are making a big fuss out of it. You will be wearing it inside and not flaunting it off. So what if there's colours and patterns on the pad? Let me tell you, COLOUR IS THE IDEA. Women needs to feel good in order to look good. So if we feel good from the INSIDE, we will naturally look good on the outside. Get it?

Hmmm...I wonder if this can reduce my PMS now that I feel happier and more cheerful with the colours and those awesome designs?


Consumer Launch date of this product: 13 September 2010
(available at leading supermarket chains in Singapore).
Check out their colourfully designed booths then!

Pre-launched: One week prior to its official debut on retail shelves, with a countdown timer and interactive features on Facebook Page, http://www.facebook.com/iknowmovement.

If you join the FB WOW page now, there'll be freebies, complimentary samples, screensaver, wallpaper and many more just for you!!!

You think that's the end of it all?
Nah.

When we first arrived, we were given a flower badge to write our names on. According to the colours of our flower, we were grouped into 6 groups to play a game.

There were 6 tables placed just outside the open-lounge of Heaven's Loft. On each of the 6 tables, there was a plain poster with a bag of stationery supplies and products which we could use to design and colour the poster with. We girls really work it out I tell you.



This was what my team did-THE RED TEAM!




Later on, we combined all the 6 posters on the stage to present a even bigger poster that says 'WOW'. It really 'wow-ed' me, I swear!



Each of us was given a goodie bag with lots of goodies.
Kotex Luxe is definitely more generous than I thought.



There is a special mug in the goodie bag(every lady will have one) that WOW us yet again. It is black initially. But when you add in hot water, a picture 'WOW' gradually surfaces!

'WOWWWWWW!'
Special thanks to Silver Ang for being my hand model. HAHA




Finally, there's free instant photographs you can take home at the instant photograhy booth with ready props to choose from.



Sidetrack another bit:
This pair of shoes caught my eye so much I just had to blog it down.
While I was waiting for my photographs, I asked if I could take a photo of them.
The owner of this pair said she bought it from Ebay. :)

Thank You Jia qi and Jia ning(my dearest cousins), for attending the event with me.
And not to forget Jiaxin and dearest Tiffany Babe!Hi Joyce, I see you!!! Check out her blog!
Not to forget Ying Zi too! (Yong Wei, jealous right?)

Best of all, I met Winnie.
This all-girls' party will not be complete without my Silver Jie!



I've never known that an All-girl event could be so happening! With the colours, the games, the information and the crowd. All these make me feel so worthwhile to be a girl, for once.

WOHOOOO, What a party!!!

Source taken from: http://www.anion-sanitary-napkin.com/sanitary_napkin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment